Tuesday 4 October 2022

The day in Christchurch

A visit to Antarctica

Ok, I will admit we did not actually go to the continent, but what we did to was visit the International Antarctic Centre today!

Here we are!

Just chillin out

My favourite thing I did there was experience an Antarctic storm! It was quite cold in there, but I was just wearing my sweater!

Feeding time!



Doggo!

We did a number of other things too, like see a 4D video, but sadly I don't have photos of that...

The whole experience was very short and sweet, I couldn't believe we were done so soon!

After the Antarctic centre, we decided to go into the city to find lunch. After some walking, we ended up at the Riverside market, where we found a sushi conveyor!

Time for lunch!

We were allowed to go explore the city after lunch, but mom and Delilah wanted to go to the cosmetic store again, but I was like "Uh, there is no way I'm going back in there" and excused myself to go back to the hotel!

After having some lunch, it was time to head back to the hotel and take some chill time! Later on, we would be going to get Mexican food for dinner! I ended up having a steak dish with some kind of green herbs, and some potato wedges! Let me also mention, I had a jarritos as well!

It was a really awesome day today, but the fun is still far from over!

Tomorrow, we will be heading down to Oamaru to see the penguins! I'm going to be even more generous and give a sneak peek into Thursday as well! We will be in Dunedin on Thursday to go see the albatrosses! But I'm a bit nervous too for that day because the hotel we are staying in there is supposedly haunted!

Can't wait to share tomorrows adventures with you guys! 

2 comments:

  1. Great post Sylas!

    Man I bet going into that -8 degree room brought back memories of being in Canada at winter time. Hope the roads don't get to blocked with snow. You might need to use chains if it gets really bad.

    Have fun watching the penguins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see u met up with ya sister sy, u guys are having so much fun x

    ReplyDelete

Final thoughts

Home sweet home! After spending 2 weeks on the road, we are finally back home! To wrap things up on this blog, I need to say thank you to ev...