Wednesday 12 October 2022

Falling from the sky!

Best... Adventure... EVER!!!


I was very nervous (and excited) for today! Today was the day of our last planned activity for the trip, and that was to go for the indescribably epic activity known as skydiving! Even more exciting, we thought it would be just me and Delilah doing it, but my younger sister, Lorelei, was able to do it as well! I watched from the ground as she came down!

And then before long, they were waiting to take me and Delilah up there for OUR skydives! However, the clouds were not being too kind and were taking a long time to make a gap for us to jump through!

We are ready!
 
After a good wait, the weather finally decided to be kind and make a gap in the sky for us! As a result, it was time to load me onto the plane!

Off to the plane!



No turning back now...

I must say though, my jumpmaster did a great job at calming my nerves down. He told me to just take some deep breaths, and just relax and enjoy the scenery, which really did help me calm down a bit.

After about 15 minutes in the plane, we had reached 15,000 feet. It was already quite cold in there, so when the door opened, the cold didn't hit me so hard.

As soon as my legs were out that door, the first thing I could feel was the air rushing past my legs. At that point I had realised that I was very high above the ground just seconds away from hurtling towards the earth



HERE WE GO!!!

WE'RE FLYING!!!

When we jumped out, I felt my stomach fall a bit. I thought it was just getting more intense and that my stomach dropping would keep going for the whole freefall, but the feeling was very brief and I didn't feel it that much! In fact, it was a rather pleasant feeling!

I had just over a full MINUTE of freefall, but it only felt like around 30 seconds! Before long, the parachute went off and we were slowing down very fast. Unfortunately, this was the most uncomfortable part of the skydive, and that was because the tension from the harness on my leg was making it feel like something was cutting into me, but at one point we put my legs a bit higher, making it more comfortable! It was just a smooth ride down to the ground, with some amazing views!

Before long, we had safely touched back down, in one peice!

Welcome back to Earth!


You should've heard me after I landed, sounding so excited and hyper like "OH YEAH!!!". I couldn't stop talking about this experience for the rest of the day!

When we got all my gear off, it was time to hit the road again, and we decided to spend the rest of our trip in Kaikoura, which is where we started, and is now also where it ends! But don't worry, there is still one last day. Because of this, there will be a new blog post after tomorrow!

In advance, I would like to thank everyone who followed my travels over the past couple of weeks! I hope you all enjoyed it too, and thank you again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts

Home sweet home! After spending 2 weeks on the road, we are finally back home! To wrap things up on this blog, I need to say thank you to ev...